Discover new ways to present, practise and assess vocabulary and pronunciation to help your students use language communicatively.
• Inexperienced teachers
• Experienced teachers who want to revise and extend their skills in this area.
As many of the tasks within this course are classroom-based, you will find it more useful if you are currently teaching.
You should already have:
• English at B2 level or higher What’s this?
• basic lesson planning skills.
You will be awarded a Certificate of Completion at the end of the course
By the end of the course you should be able to:
• present, practise, teach and assess vocabulary and pronunciation skills more confidently
• reflect on your existing teaching methods
• experiment with new ideas for presenting, practising and consolidating vocabulary
• consider new ways of teaching sounds, stress and intonation
• adopt techniques for assessing vocabulary and pronunciation.
The tasks within this course encourage you to try new approaches in the classroom and reflect upon the outcomes.
To successfully complete the course, you will be required to:
• check your progress and understanding, through a range of interactive activities
• participate in discussion forums with other teachers
• keep a learner journal.
An end-of-course quiz will provide feedback on your progress and suggest areas for revision, where appropriate.
About 10 hours; 10 units.
You have six months to complete the course.
• Unit 1: What learners need to know about vocabulary
• Unit 2: Presenting new vocabulary
• Unit 3: Practising vocabulary
• Unit 4: Teaching vocabulary from texts
• Unit 5: Consolidating vocabulary knowledge
• Unit 6: What learners need to know about pronunciation
• Unit 7: Teaching pronunciation with vocabulary
• Unit 8: Teaching pronunciation with grammar
• Unit 9: Teaching pronunciation with listening and speaking activities
• Unit 10: Assessing pronunciation and vocabulary
You are now watching an overview of the online courses