Gain a thorough understanding of IELTS and help your students approach the exam with confidence.
• Inexperienced teachers
• Experienced teachers who want to revise and extend their skills in this area
As many of the tasks within this course are classroom-based, you will find it more useful if you are currently teaching.
You should already have:
• English at B2 level or higher What’s this?
• basic lesson planning skills
• a basic understanding of the IELTS test.
Before beginning this course, we recommend that you read the free, downloadable IELTS Guide.
You will be awarded a Certificate of Completion at the end of the course.
• fully prepare your students for their IELTS exam
• thoroughly understand the skills being assessed
• use practical strategies and activities to help your students approach the test tasks with confidence
• identify potential problems your students may encounter while preparing for the exam
• reflect on your existing teaching methods and consider areas for development.
The tasks within this course encourage you to try new approaches in the classroom and reflect upon the outcomes.
To successfully complete the course, you will be required to:
• check your progress and understanding, through a range of interactive activities
• participate in discussion forums with other teachers
• keep a learner journal
An end-of-course quiz will provide feedback on your progress and suggest areas for revision, where appropriate.
About 10 hours; 10 units.
You have six months to complete the course.
• Unit 1: Reading skills and text types
• Unit 2: Reading skills and task types
• Unit 3: Reading skills, task types and strategies
• Unit 4: Writing skills and learner problems
• Unit 5: Writing Task 1 and assessment
• Unit 6: Writing Task 2 and the stages in writing
• Unit 7: Listening skills and Listening Sections 1 and 2
• Unit 8: Listening Sections 3 and 4
• Unit 9: Speaking skills and Part 1
• Unit 10: Speaking Parts 2 and 3
You are now watching an overview of the online courses