Gain a thorough understanding of Cambridge English: Preliminary and help your students approach the exam with confidence.
• Inexperienced teachers
• Experienced teachers who want to revise and extend their skills in this area
As many of the tasks within this course are classroom-based, you will find it more useful if you are currently teaching.
You should already have:
• English at B2 level or higher What’s this?
• basic lesson planning skills
• a basic understanding of the Cambridge English: Preliminary exam.
Before beginning this course, we recommend that you read the free, downloadable Cambridge English: Preliminary Handbook for Teachers
You will be awarded a Certificate of Completion at the end of the course
By the end of the course you should be able to:
• fully prepare your students for the Cambridge English: Preliminary test
• thoroughly understand the skills being assessed
• use practical strategies and activities to help your students approach the test tasks with confidence
• identify potential problems your students may encounter while preparing for the exam
• reflect on your existing teaching methods and consider areas for development
The tasks within this course encourage you to try new approaches in the classroom and reflect upon the outcomes.
To successfully complete the course, you will be required to:
• check your progress and understanding, through a range of interactive activities
• participate in discussion forums with other teachers
• keep a learner journal
An end-of-course quiz will provide feedback on your progress and suggest areas for revision, where appropriate.
About 10 hours; 8 units.
You have six months to complete the course.
• Unit 1: Reading
• Unit 2: Reading
• Unit 3: Writing
• Unit 4: Writing
• Unit 5: Listening
• Unit 6: Listening
• Unit 7: Speaking
• Unit 8: Speaking
You are now watching an overview of the online courses