Improve your knowledge of English grammar and your ability to use it with confidence, through clear explanations that include word classes, present and past tenses, future and perfect forms, and passive voice.
• Inexperienced teachers who want to improve their knowledge of English grammar
• Experienced teachers who want to refresh their knowledge of English grammar
• Future teachers who want to gain an understanding of English grammar.
You should already have:
• English at B2 level or higher What’s this?
• an interest in studying how the English language works.
You will be awarded a Certificate of Completion at the end of the course.
Language areas covered on the course include:
• word classes, such as nouns, adjectives, determiners, modals • present forms, such as present simple and present continuous • past forms, such as past simple, past perfect and conditionals • forms that bridge the past and the present, such as present perfect • future forms, such as going to and will • the passive • reported speech.
By the end of the course you should be able to:
• use English grammar terms more confidently
• understand the form, meaning and use of a variety of grammar structures
• reflect upon your awareness of language.
The tasks within this course encourage you to reflect upon your own knowledge of the English language.
To successfully complete the course, you will be required to:
• check your progress and understanding, through a range of interactive activities
• participate in discussion forums with other teachers
• keep a learner journal.
An end-of-course quiz will provide feedback on your progress and suggest areas for revision, where appropriate.
About 5 hours.
You have 12 months to complete the course.
• Unit 1: Nouns and pronouns
• Unit 2: Adjectives, conjunctions and prepositions
• Unit 3: Verbs and adverbs
• Unit 4: Present tenses
• Unit 5: Future forms
• Unit 6: Past tenses
• Unit 7: Perfect forms
• Unit 8: The passive
You are now watching an overview of the online courses