Herbert Puchta

Helping teenagers to remember new language - Consultant

Discussion
Herbert Puchta

Dear Members

I'm Herbert Puchta, your Consultant for Young Learners, and this week I will be discussing helping teenagers to remember vocabulary. I will be focussing on reasons why teenagers particularly can find this difficult and ways of helping them remember language more efficiently.

In my video, I consider the process of memorisation, factors which can impact upon this such as content and also consider two ways of remembering language efficiently; practice testing and distributed practice - both which I feel are 'minds-on' ways of learning.

I'll be here in the forum all this week, answering your questions and exploring the ideas in more detail.

So, what do you think?

Herbert

Your Consultant is available to respond in this thread only during the week of 7 November 2016 (Mon–Fri). After or before this, we encourage you to continue discussing the ideas yourselves. Don’t forget to follow this thread, so you can keep up with the discussion as it progresses (once you've signed in, just click "Subscribe" in the top right).

Published 3 Nov 2016

9 Replies, 219 Views

Last post by Fai Wong Lee
on 20 Nov 2016
You must sign in or register to view this discussion.

Please sign in

You need to sign in to view this item.

Sign in or Register

Please sign in / register

Please login by clicking on the sign in link if you are already registered, otherwise please register first by clicking on the link register.

Sign in or Register

Please sign in

You need to be a Guest or Member of Cambridge English Teacher to buy this course.

Please sign in or register.

Members-only resource

You need to be a member to view this resource.

Sign in or become a Member